Thursday 31 January 2013

Glitch

We've moved on. But we're falling apart, just the three of us now and we don't talk anymore. The Chill is getting stronger, deeper, icy fingers grasping at my bones. This is what happens when you get to know people, when you like people and get close to them. They die, or they leave or try to kill you. Frankly I don't know which one is the worst, but so far only one of them has happened to me, twice. Such is the life of the Runner.

But, on a different note. I encountered...something else the other day. I think the term is an "Unexplained Phenomenon". As if they're any less explained then anything else. I saw it while out walking alone. It looked kind of like a normal person, for some of the time. But it seemed to change, extra appendages appearing and disappearing in static flickers. Just like its eyes, which were filled with static. I could even hear a light buzzing in the background.

"Hello, Christopher," it said, static eyes focused on me. Its voice sounded wrong and awfully condescending.

"What the hell are you?" I asked.

"I have many names. Some people know me as the Rag-Picker, others as the Mar, while most refer to me as Glitch."

"Yuh huh. What do you want?" I asked.

"I just wanted to talk."

"Oh really?"

"Yes. Well, no. But you'll find out about that soon enough. This is just a scouting mission, to say hello."

"Well then," I replied, "Hello."

"Hello, Christopher." With that it was gone in a large flicker of static.

I don't know what this was all about, but I certainly don't want anything further to do with that thing. I've had my fucking fill of Fears and I do not need some UXP deciding to chime in on "How to fuck with Chris"! I'm sure they could write a book on the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment