Wednesday 30 October 2013

Moving Up In the World

In short, after the events of my last post I caught some rest, grabbed as many cans of food as I could carry, ripped up the blanket into a vaguely poncho-like shape for warmth and set out. It wasn't easy going, it's not easy going. The path that had taken me to the house didn't continue for much longer and I was soon condemned to climbing over rocky mounds and climbing small ridges.

Each night, I can see the lights behind me, following me on my way. They've gathered around the base of the mountain, truly no turning back now. Every time I stop for rest I don't get more than a couple hours before the lights get too close. I'm not even sure what they are, I only see the glow that proceeds them, and if that post from before is anything to go by I probably don't want to see them.

To be honest I have little to say here. I'm moving, I'm surviving. I don't know how  long it will take me to get to the top of this mountain. It's been easy-enough going so far, but I don't have the training or the supplies to climb the entire thing. I remain hopeful nonetheless. I've resigned myself to this task. This Challenge.

I guess what I'm try to say with this post is: I'm alive.

Hope all you out there are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment